Thursday, May 28, 2009

Dustbowl Takes the Title

Are you as surprised as I am? Who knew that this beauty had victory coming?

I am, of course, entirely joking. I slighted this map to win from the beginning due to the amount of time I see it being played on XBox LIVE matches.

I am wondering, though, how Gravel Pit managed to pull off a close second. On Xbox LIVE, the second most commonly played map is 2Fort (who placed third, but was nowhere near the top two.)

One possiblility is that hosts like 2Fort more than Gravel Pit. Personally, Gravel Pit is my favorite map of the six and I am glad it came in second.

It is dissapointing to see that Granary and Well scored low, but they are better suited for competitive players. My only explanation for this is that the majority of the community is casual, which may or may not be true.

Surprisingly, Hydro is NOT stradling the bottom of the rankings. No explanation is required.

Here are the final results:

  1. Dustbowl: 178 votes (31%)
  2. Gravel PIt: 170 votes (29%)
  3. 2Fort: 83 votes (14%)
  4. Granary: 59 votes (10%)
  5. Hydro: 42 votes (7%)
  6. Well: 36 votes (6%)

Now stop reading this and go play some Team Fortress 2!

No comments: